From another bitcoin wallet
You can use bitcoin in another bitcoin wallet to top up the balance of your Alby wallet.
There are two ways to receive bitcoin in your Alby wallet:
- 1.Enter your Lightning Address [yourname]@getalby.com into the other app
The Lightning Network (LN) is a decentralized, peer-to-peer network which allows users to transfer bitcoin off-chain instantaneously with very low transaction fees. The Lightning Network is built on top of the Bitcoin network, and is thus called a layer two solution.
Follow these steps:
- 2.If you access the app directly, make sure you have the Alby browser extension installed.
- 3.Choose BTC (i.e. bitcoin) and the amount you want to swap and automatically send to your Alby wallet.
- 5.Click on "Top up"
- 6.The Alby browser extension asks you to create an invoice. Click on "Confirm"
- 8.Copy the address and send the indicated amount to that address from the on-chain bitcoin wallet. To be on the safe side, make sure your transaction is executed within 10 minutes before the order is set on on-hold.
- 10.That´s it. When the swap process is over you will receive bitcoin directly in your Lightning wallet connected to Alby.