From an exchange service
You can use an exchange service to acquire bitcoin and send them to your Alby wallet.
There are other services such as Bitfinex, CashApp, RoboSats, Exodus that allow withdrawals to a Bitcoin Lightning wallet such as Alby. But we have not tested them yet.
Kraken is an established cryptocurrency exchange. You can exchange multiple curriencies to bitcoin.
After you aquired bitcoin follow these steps to send bitcoin to your Alby wallet:
- 1.Click on 'Funding' in top bar of your dashboard
- 2.Navigate to the Account balances section and click on 'Withdraw'
- 3.Choose 'Bitcoin'
- 4.Select Lightning Network as the withdrawal method
- 6.Click on 'Add withdrawal request'. Do not reuse previous withdrawal requests!
- 7.Add a label in the 'Request label' field. It helps you to find the withdrawal request again later on.
- 8.Add a Lightning invoice in the 'Withdrawl request' field. You can use the Alby browser extension to create an invoice. Learn more here.
- 10.and Click on 'Add withdrawal request'
- 11.You will likely have to confirm this withdrawal address. Check your inbox for an email and click on 'Confirm withdrawal address'
- 12.Navigate back to your Kraken dashboard and select the relevant 'Withdrawal request'
- 14.Click on 'Withdraw BTC" (it can take some time until the funds show up in your Alby wallet account)
Did we forget any option to fund your Alby Lightning wallet? Shall we update the guide? Let us know.