Create a Lightning Address
A Lightning Address is a human-readable text that replaces the need for QR Codes to send a creator Bitcoin over the Lightning Network.
Since it looks like an email address, it is easy to share and remember. Watch the video below to learn how you can get your own Lightning Address with Alby to start exchanging bitcoin within seconds!
- Scroll down to ‘Get a Lightning Address’
- Give yourself an easy-to-remember name
- here: 'satoshi' is the user name and together, '[email protected]', it is your full lightning address
Remember, your lightning address can’t be changed at a later date.
- Type your email address
- Give a strong password and retype it.
The email and password are needed to help you access your Lightning Address in case you forget
Your Lightning Address is now ready to send and receive Bitcoin. You can -
- Click on ‘Account’ to see a list of your transactions
- Click on ‘Wallet’ to add your wallet to the Alby extension or BlueWallet
- Click on ‘Settings’ to create your personal tipping page, edit your details or connect your LND node
Step 2: Follow the signup process.
Step 3: Select 'Alby Wallet'
Step 4: Choose your Lightning Address there
You can now integrate your lightning address on various platforms such as your website, Twitter, Youtube, BitcoinTV, Medium or Reddit. Have a look at this webpage to learn how you can receive bitcoin on your website and social media channels.