Can I connect LND with readonly permissions?
Depends on what you want to do with Alby. But if you for example only want to receive payments you can give the Alby extension a LND macaroon with limited permissions.
The following permissions are typically used. Depending on your usage you can limit these permissions. Use LND's macaroon bakery to generate a custom macaroon. (learn more)
- invoices:write - create invoices
- invoices:read - check invoices
- offchain:read - display the balance
- info:read - read node information
- peers:write - for LNURL-channel requests
- message:write - sign a message (e.g. for LNURL-auth)
- offchain:write - to send payments