Comment on page
Receiving bitcoin payments
How to receive bitcoin payments in your web app.
Receiving bitcoin payments with a lightning address is very easy. There is no need to operate a bitcoin and lightning node, take care of liquidity or operations. Just share your bitcoin lightning address and anyone with a wallet that supports LUD-16 (see lnurl/luds) can send you payments.
You can also create invoices yourself using your lightning address, which gives you the ability to configure the invoice (for example to set a specific amount, comment, and more) and enables you to monitor an invoice and act upon it once it is paid.
Here is an example:
- 1.A user visits your site and makes a request to purchase a product that costs 100 sats.
- 2.Your backend requests an invoice from your Lightning address, setting the amount as 100 sats, and returns it to the user.
- 3.The user pays the invoice using their favorite lightning wallet.
- 4.Your backend verifies that the invoice has been paid, and then sends the user their purchased product.
- Interact with your lightning address
- Request a lightning invoice
- Verify payments in a programmatic way
- Boost a lightning address (paying in podcasting)
- Zap a lightning address (paying on Nostr)
- Pay for content behind a L402 monetized paywall (e.g. APIs)
- Convert bitcoin to fiat amounts
- Simplify requests to lightning providers
Are looking for some inspiration?
Last modified 2mo ago